A few reminders and information re the last regular season home game for the Washington Capitals....
Time of Game Changed:
NBC announced that it has selected the Washington Capitals' game against the Boston Bruins on Sunday, April 11, as the NHL's Game of the Week as part of the NHL's and NBC's flexible scheduling policy. The matchup, which will be broadcast in high-definition, will start at 12:00 p.m. The doors will be opening an hour and a half prior to the game, at 10:30am.
Traffic Advisory - Road Closures for Sunday April 11:
Due to the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler Race, many roads in downtown Washington, D.C. will be closed. Please see map or the list of road closures below and plan accordingly.
- 4AM-11AM 15th Street between Independence and Constitution Aves
Ohio Drive, 23rd St. to Virginia Ave (Rock Creek Parkway section)
Ohio Drive, riverside and channel side (East and West Potomac Parks)
Memorial Bridge to include Arlington Memorial Circle and Lincoln Memorial Circle
23rd St., Constitution Ave to Lincoln Memorial Circle
17th St. Constitution Ave to Independence Ave
Raoul Wallenberg, SW (15th St.), Maine Ave to Independence Ave.
Daniel French Drive, SW
Henry Bacon Drive, NW
Parkway Drive, NW
Maine Ave, SW, 12th Street to 15th Street, All traffic will be diverted onto 395 S
- Also, a reminder for the street closures occurring Sunday evening through Tuesday for the 2010 Nuclear Security Summit at the Convention Center. See linked map.
Fans will receive a Capitals umbrella courtesy of Verizon upon exit of the Sunday, April 11, game against the Boston Bruins. The gift from the Capitals and Verizon is another way to say thank you to the fans for all of their support during the season.
Presidents’ Trophy Display
The Presidents’ Trophy will be on display outside section 119 today. Bring your camera to take pictures of the Caps’ first-ever Presidents' Trophy!
Ted Leonsis Book Signing
Capitals' chairman and majority owner Ted Leonsis will be at Verizon Center today signing his book "The Business of Happiness" from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. outside section 108. Doors will open early at 10:30 a.m. Fans can bring a copy of their book or buy one at Verizon Center. See my previous post with more information about the book.
Jerseys off their back highlights/Fan Appreciation Week
All this week the Capitals hosted Fan Appreciation Week, thanking Caps fans for their support throughout this season. The Capitals gave away great prizes and autographed items on WashingtonCaps.com. The online raffle took place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. each day through Friday, April 9. Winners were selected at random and will be announced online at the top of every hour. At 2 p.m. each day one lucky fan will win a jersey worn by a Caps player during the team's final regular-season home game on Sunday, April 11.
Did you win anything? The list of season ticket holder winners can be seen by clicking here.
2010 Playoff Information
- Playoff Tickets have started shipping with deliveries expected throughout the week. The tickets should arrive no later than Monday, April 12. Please note that they are now being sent UPS without a signature required and NOT via Fedex as noted in last week's update.
- The schedule for the First Round of the playoffs will be posted to website, www.washingtoncaps.com, either late in the evening on Sunday, April 11, or on Monday morning, April 12, as soon as the dates and times are finalized.
- If you signed up for the Pay As We Play playoff payment option, your credit card will be charged at least one to two days after the last playoff game for that round. If your payment defaults, your playoff tickets will not be valid for the next round until your balance due has been paid. Please note that if you default on your payments for the 2010 Playoff Pay As We Play program, the Capitals reserve the right to automatically cancel your 2010-11 season ticket plan.