Capital One Bank is hosting a fun and free Capitals Street Festival for Caps fans and the public before the Washington Capitals host the Atlanta Thrashers*. The hockey street family-friendly party will be outside the Verizon Center on F Street between 6th and 7th Streets on Saturday, October 23, 2010 from 3-7 p.m. Look for the giant Capitals inflatables!
• Test your hockey skills with slap shot and accuracy challenges
• Have your photo taken in the Capital One Bank photo booth
• Show your commentary skills in the “call-the-play” studio • Meet the team mascot, Slapshot
Appearances (names are subject to change):
• Ted Leonsis, Chairman and Majority Owner of the Caps, Wizards, Mystics
• John Wall of the Wizards
• Marissa Coleman of the Mystics • Various DC sports plaers and personalities
*Game admission is neither required nor included as part of this event. Game time is 7 p.m.